9230 Shawnee Trail
Powell, OH 43065
It all began in 1925 when O’Shaughnessy Dam was constructed to provide a needed water supply to the growing city of Columbus, Ohio. Although not intended, the dam’s construction unintentionally created one of the most scenic spots within easy driving distance of the city. Shortly after its completion, Mr. Tony Nelson and Mr. Elmer Snyder obtained a lease to build a concession for soft drinks and boat rental on a spot close to the east bank, near the present site of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. For many, weekends soon included donning old clothes and picnic baskets and trekking to the dam.