Elgin Public Museum, 225 Grand Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60120
The natural history collection belonging to Mr. and Mrs. G. P. Lord was first exhibited in the Lords Park Pavilion in 1898. However, it was the Lords' desire that their collection be housed in its own building. In 1904 local architect David E. Postle was contracted to design a building to serve this purpose.